Philippa Perry's Families in Crisis Podcast – Originalaufnahme
What happens to the rest of the family when someone has an addiction or mental health crisis?
Families who support and care for someone they love during a challenging time are at the heart of this podcast series. These people’s stories often go unheard. People who look after a close relative who is an addict or experiences long-term mental illness tell us their stories.
The emotional fallout for these families can be devastating, time-consuming, financially-draining and long-term. For some, it’s also a taboo subject within their community and carries with it a terrible social stigma.
A Just Radio production for Audible Originals.
A note from Philippa:
"If you have been affected by any of the stories you've been listening to on my podcasts then here are some NGOs, charities and other organisations, which I hope will help you and your family. Some of them are international, with links and branches all over the world, others are based mainly in the UK where this series was recorded. Please search online for further resources where you are in the world.
All the people who agreed to talk to me for this series did so because they wanted to offer hope to others in similar situations and a way forward; they wanted to break down the walls of silence, shame and loneliness that carers all over the world face looking after members of their family facing addiction and mental health crises.
If you are a carer then I hope you will find help and a degree of comfort in listening to others recounting their own stories and personal difficulties, and realise that you are not alone."
- Philippa Perry
- Adfam – improving lives for families affected by drugs and alcohol: adfam.org.uk/
- Al Anon – help and support for family and friends of alcoholics: al-anon.org/
- Beat – giving advice and support to families coping with Anorexia: beateatingdisorders.org.uk/
- Bipolar UK – the national charity dedicated to supporting individuals with bipolar, their families and carers: bipolaruk.org/
- Carers Trust – a charity for, with and about living with the challenges of caring for a family member or friend: carers.org/
- Carers UK – giving advice, support and information to carers: carersuk.org/
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance – a resource for those living with mood disorders and their families in the US: dbsalliance.org/
- Find a Balance – dedicated to working with BAME community in London giving help and practical support with mental health issues: findabalance.org/
- Living with Schizophrenia – information and support for those living with schizophrenia and those who care for them: livingwithschizophreniauk.org/
- Mental Health Foundation – working with those affected by mental health illness and their families: mentalhealth.org.uk/
- Mind – the mental health charity: mind.org.uk/
- Nar-Anon – support for families and friends of drug addicts: nar-anon.org/
- OCD Action – the UK’s largest charity helping those with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and their families: ocdaction.org.uk/
- Rethink – a charity dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by mental illness and their carers: rethink.org/
- Sane – a charity which supports those with mental illness and those caring for them: sane.org.uk/
- We are with you – support for those experiencing problems with mental health, drugs or alcohol and their families in England and Scotland: wearewithyou.org.uk/
- Streame eine vielfältige Auswahl an Hörbüchern, Kinderhörspielen und Original Podcasts.
- Wähle monatlich einen Titel aus dem Gesamtkatalog und behalte ihn.
- 9,95 € pro Monat nach 30 Tagen. Pausiere oder kündige dein Abo jederzeit.
Alle Folgen (8)
Psychosis and the vulnerability of young black men in the UK are at the heart of this mother's story.
A couple who adopted a very damaged young boy talk about the daily trauma of keeping him safe.
Clare and Peter's son is a violent and criminal drug addict, now in a US prison, who has torn their family apart for the last two decades.
Two sisters describe living with their mother's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder; looking after her since they were small children.
A mother and grandmother describe the devastating effects of ketamine addiction on their family.
Two doctors talk about their daughter's anorexia, which threw their family into chaos.
Tanya grew up with an alcoholic mother, she went onto marry an abusive and alcoholic partner.
Joanna, an ex-addict herself, tried everything she could to stop her son's fatal addiction to heroin.
|Audible.de Erscheinungsdatum||19 Oktober 2020|
|5 Sterne (0%)||0%|
|4 Sterne (0%)||0%|
|3 Sterne (0%)||0%|
|2 Sterne (0%)||0%|
|1 Stern (0%)||0%|